The Doomsday Event is an special in-game occurrence which consists on protecting the base from waves of Golems from December 12th, 2012, to December 25th.
It was first announced on the game with a countdown, on November 21st, 2012. Then, 2 days later, the development team made an Facebook Event Page. Their first post announcing it was there, along with an wallpaper they made for it. Then, after a couple of promo images, on December 7th, they uploaded the event's trailer on YouTube and Facebook.
The Doomsday Event was a special Galaxy Life event that started on Wednesday December 12th of 2012, and lasted for 14 days, until Wednesday December 25th of 2012. It consists of a determined number of attack waves, that the player must repel to obtain "The Magic Doll" from the Mayan Golems. Rewards are given after a certain number of units are fought, or after a certain amount of time.
On August 16th, 2020, Galaxy Life Reborn's website was back up after a general maintenance called the Dark Days. Once players logged into their account on the website / launcher, a popup titled "Doomsday soon?!" would appear, with a small text saying that there's peace expected in the universe, but that Starling detectives reported about the Doomsday falling soon.
It included a banner of a Doomsday illustration and a footnote saying "The event will be started soon, who knows when...".
Another popup would appear in the game, titled "Universe alert", which also talked about the Dark Days being over and teasing the Doomsday Event.
The event's story says that Worky found an hieroglyph while going to the seasonal shop. After that, some days later, a flash of light would suddenly appear, along with a new pyramid with a warpgate on top of it and giant stone spikes on the background. The warpgate would eventually start spinning and summoning new creatures known as Golems.
|“||'Worky' went over to the seasonal shop to find the most astonishing Christmas tree of the Galaxy. However, this time he bumped into an enigmatic hieroglyph written on stone, what secrets will hold this prophecy?||”|
|— In-game introduction.|
|“||Wohaa! I've gone blind because of that light...and now...what is that on the pyramid? a warpgate? it has started spinning!||”|
|— Second in-game popup.|
|“||Watch out! Something is coming...looks like...like...what is that big thing?? Will we ever have a peaceful Christmas?||”|
|— Third in-game popup.|
Facts & Tips
- Ancient creatures will awake and attack us in waves bringing chaos and destruction across the Galaxy from the 12/12/12! (official announcement)
- The countdown started on November 21, 2012.
- The Doomsday Event starts on December 12/12/2012 (Wednesday)
- The "round symbol" resembles a Mayan calendar tablet.
- The Doomsday Event is like the "Christmas Event", though it is not on Christmas.
- Thunder golem shoots beam like Wasps and Laser towers, and Wind golems fire a wind projectile. Earth golem shoots a giant rock and throw them one by one, While Fire golem acts like a flamethrower.
- Thunder, Wind, and Fire's back is feathers,while Earth is large sticks.
- Wind Golem seems to be the first awaken, or Thunder Golem, but in-game, Thunder with skeletons (level 1-10) or Thunder only (level 11-20) or Thunder and Wind first awake (level 21-Above)
- Colossus are very effective against the golems.
- Zeppelins in bunkers are also a very good option, because golems don't attack flying units.
- Falcons aren't of much help as their damage is very small (higher lvls are recommended).
- Wasps inside the Bunker are 60% effective, but as you go to further waves, it will get harder, they may be destroyed. Also try various other Combo's.
- Make sure you're prepared for the golems, each of them has a powerful, unique abillity that could easily destroy your whole base
- Halloween units can be used here also!
- The halloween traps seem to also have effect on the golems.
- Earth Golem's nightmare is Freeze Turret, Wind and Thunder Golems is Mortar, and Fire have a bad range so Colossus can kill it.
- Fire Golem's only weakness is range as it is just like a level 7 Flamethrower but with more powerful health and damage.
- Despite sounding stronger than wind, Thunder Golems are the weakest golem as its stats are the lowest.
- Wind Golems have bad firing rate so multiple high level Sniper Towers and Cannon Blasts can take them down.
- The event seems to be fair, as it sends Thunder and Wind first to have a chance, and later on Earth and Fire appear, but fewer, then Earth and Fire added more and Thunder and wind encountered are fewer, unlike the Halloween Event, it sends alot Units than this event.
- Using the golems seems to be important, Thunder is best used to wipe Missile and Cannon, Wind is best at looting or destroying Turrets, Earth is very important on wiping out all defence, while Fire is best to destroy all.
Golems & Special Items
|To see the names of each item, just put your mouse cursor on top of each image thumbnail.|
These are all the different types of golems that will attack you.
- Thunder golems have low health, Wind golems have low damage, Earth golems are slower than all the others, and fire is range.
- Thunder golems have moderate damage, Wind golems are manuverable, Earth deal astounding amounts of damage, and fire golems are efficient in every way.
- Golems are very expensive, but golems also strong (especialy Fire and Rock).
- Thunder fires about 3seconds, Wind's tornado reaches the target about 4secs,Earth fires rocks each 3 seconds, while the rock reaches it about 2 seconds, and fire fires about 2 seconds.
- Earth is the slowest, thunder and Fire is moderate, while Wind is fast, but slow to attack.
- Thunder is the weakest.
- The golems is different as in Pocket adventures, they have evil units (for ex: Evil Kamikaze) and Forest golem (which is Nature Golem).
- Wind Golem is not powerful to take out a level 1 Mortar,Missile Launcher,and Laser Tower, it can destroy level 1 Cannon Tower and Sniper tower in 1 hit.
- Thunder does not destroy anything in 1 hit, Wind takes atleast 2-6 before it could destroy depends on the level of the building,Earth is very attrative to Compact houses, if it saw a turret, it will destroy it first, and Fire it can be destroyed if you put higher level Falcons or Zeppelin.
There are items that can help you defeat the waves of Doomsday Golems, which are obtainable by successfully repelling waves, or purchasing them with galaxy chips.
- The extensive items are the "Mighty mine", "Attractor", and "Potion".
- The Magic Doll is only obtainable once you complete all the attack waves.
Icons and sprites
- The hieroglyph resembles a Mayan calendar tablet.
- In the hieroglyph, a lot of faces and figures can be seen, such as Firebit, an angry starling, a crazy starling, a shark, Pacman and his game's ghosts, two "12-12-12" texts, a temple of Mayans, Nukes' explosions, Space Invaders' characters, thunderbolt icons, a skull icon fishes' skeletons, an alien inside a UFO, a phone, Apple's icon, a dragon, a human-like skeleton, an dinosaur-like fossil, and more.
- This is the first event that is available on all Galaxy Life versions (AGAME, Facebook and Pocket adventures).
- The number of Golems that attacks on a attack wave depends on the player's level.
- This event is the second time that the background of the main planet changes; the first one being the Halloween Event's background.
- Unlike the Halloween Event, Golems are introduced first before the actual event.
- Earth and Fire Golems are able to reach Smasher Squad's damage, but still they don't reach their amount of health.
- This event's rewards were lowered.
- Once the player wins the event, they are able to play it again to gain more rewards.
- Although the description says that the player will obtain the Voodoo Doll after repealing 140 & 252 (52 if level 1-10) Golems respectively based on your level, the prize is only 50 Golems.
- This also happened in the Halloween event, where the main reward isn't delivered into the player's inventory.
- Like the Halloween event, an NPC (in this case, called Shaman) will help the player. He is a Starling wearing a Christmas hat.
- The Earth Golem is seen at opening screen, as it was not encountered, in Pocket Adventures.
- On Desktop version, a Thunder Golem is used instead.
- ↑ Galaxy Life - Doomsday Event!. Facebook. 23-11-2012. Retrieved 16-08-2020.
- ↑ Galaxy Life - Doomsday Event!. Facebook. 23-11-2012. Retrieved 16-08-2020. “Free wallpaper! Like and share to unlock new Doomsday info!”
- ↑ Galaxy Life Doomsday Trailer. YouTube. 07-12-2012. Retrieved 16-08-2020.
- ↑ GALAXY LIFE DOOMSDAY TRAILER - The prophecy was true!. Facebook. 07-12-2012. Retrieved 16-08-2020.
- ↑ Galaxy Life photo. Facebook. 30-11-2012. Retrieved 16-08-2020. "... New powerful enemies will attack us in deadly waves! Are you ready? ..."
- ↑ Galaxy Life photo. Facebook. 11-12-2012. Retrieved 16-08-2020. "... We're just some hours away from the ultimate apocalypse! Start improving your defenses Humans! The golems are almost here! Did you notice that the planets just changed?... "
- ↑ Galaxy Life photo. Facebook. 12-12-2012. Retrieved 16-08-2020. "... We received some exclusive items to defeat the Golems, chief! Check the Doomsday shop to discover their powers and watch the event Trailer! ..."
- ↑ Galaxy Life photo. Facebook. 26-12-2012. Retrieved 16-08-2020. "... Ancient creatures will awake and attack us in waves bringing chaos and destruction across the Galaxy from the 12/12/12! ..."
- ↑ Galaxy Life photo. Facebook. 05-12-2012. Retrieved 16-08-2012. " This bad boy isn't the fastest of the class but he can surely take a lot of heavy damage! ..."
- ↑ Galaxy Life photo. Facebook. 03-12-2012. Retrieved 16-08-2020. "... Someone is gonna roast some Starlings this Doomsday. Guess who? ..."
- ↑ Galaxy Life photo. Facebook. 09-12-2012. Retrieved 16-08-2020. "... They love to throw you painful thunders in your face, which is really annoying! ..."
- ↑ Galaxy Life Photo. Facebook. 04-12-2012. Retrieved 16-08-2020. "... Destroy them before their hurricanes keep you spinning forever! ..."
- ↑ Galaxy Life Pocket Adventures photo. Facebook. 11-12-2012. Retrieved 16-08-2020. "... This dangerous beast appears from magic portals and run towards your defenses causing huge explosions! ..."